Last updated: 21th October 2010
You may use the website only if you agree to these terms. If you do not agree, do not use the website.
1. How You May Use the Website
In using the website, you must
- obey all applicable laws, rules and regulations,
- obey any codes of conduct or other notices we provide,
- obey the Microsoft Anti-Spam Policy, and
- promptly notify us if you learn of a security breach related to the website.
In using the Website, you may not
- engage in, facilitate, or further unlawful conduct;
- use any portion of the website as a destination linked from any unsolicited bulk messages or unsolicited commercial messages (“spam”);
- use any automated process or service to access and/or use the service (such as a BOT, a spider, periodic caching of information stored by Microsoft or “meta-searching”);
- use any unauthorized means to modify or reroute, or attempt to modify or reroute, the website;
- damage, disable, overburden, or impair the website (or the network(s) connected to the website) or interfere with anyone’s use and enjoyment of the website;
You understand that Microsoft does not control or endorse the content that you and others post or provide on the website. Except for material that we license to you, we do not claim ownership of the content that you post or provide using the Tool as provided for download on this website.
4. Links to Third-party Web Sites.
The website may contain links to third-party Web sites. These third-party Web sites are not under Microsoft’s control. If Microsoft has included these links in the website, we provide them to you as a convenience only. The inclusion of these links is not an endorsement by Microsoft of any third-party Web site, service or product. Microsoft reserves the right to disable links to any third-party Web site that you or other customers post on the website.
In order to operate and provide the website, we collect certain information about your usage. As part of the website, we may also automatically upload information about your machine, your use of the website and website performance. We use and protect that information as described in the WikiBhasha privacy statement, http://www.wikibhasha.com/wikibhasha/privacy.htm. In particular, we may access or disclose information about you, in order to: (a) comply with the law or respond to lawful requests or legal process;.
If you give us feedback, you give Microsoft, without charge, the right to use including share your feedback in any way and for any purpose. You also give to third parties, without charge, any patent rights needed for their products, technologies and services to use or interface with any specific parts of a Microsoft site, software or service that includes the feedback. You will not give feedback that is subject to a license that requires Microsoft to license its software or documentation to third parties because we include your feedback in them. These rights survive this contract.
7. No Warranty
We provide the website “as-is,” “with all faults” and “as available.” Microsoft makes no guarantee about the reliability, accuracy or timeliness of information available from the website.
We and our affiliates, resellers, distributors and vendors (collectively, the “Microsoft Parties”) give no express warranties, guarantees or conditions. You bear the risk of using it. You may have additional consumer rights under your local laws that this contract cannot change. We exclude any implied warranties or conditions including those of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, workmanlike effort, and non-infringement.
8. Liability Limitation
Microsoft will not be liable to you for any damages related to the websites, including direct, consequential, lost profits, special, indirect or incidental damages, to the maximum extent the law permits.
This limitation applies to anything related to:
- the website,
- content (including code) on third party Internet sites, third party programs or third party conduct,
- viruses or other disabling features that affect your access to or use of the website,
- incompatibility between the website and other services, software and hardware,
- delays or failures you may have in initiating, conducting or completing any transmissions or transactions in connection with the website in an accurate or timely manner, and
- claims for breach of contract, breach of warranty, guarantee or condition, strict liability, negligence, or other tort.
- this remedy does not fully compensate you for any losses, or fails of its essential purpose, or
- Microsoft knew or should have known about the possibility of the damages.
9. Applicable Law and Place for Resolving Disputes
Washington state law governs the interpretation of this contract and applies to claims for breach of it, regardless of conflict of laws principles. All other claims, including claims regarding consumer protection laws, unfair competition laws, and in tort, will be subject to the laws of your state of residence in the United States, or if you live outside the United States, the laws of the country to which we direct your website. You and we irrevocably consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state or federal courts in King County, Washington, USA for all disputes arising out of or relating to this contract.
10. Contract Interpretation
All parts of this contract apply to the maximum extent permitted by law. A court may hold that we cannot enforce a part of this contract as written. If this happens, then that part will be replaced with terms that most closely match the intent of the part that we cannot enforce. The rest of this contract will not change. This contract, together with any codes of conduct and other notices we provide, is the entire contract between Microsoft and you regarding the website. It supersedes any other contract or statements related to the website. If you have confidentiality obligations related to the website, those obligations remain in force (for example, you may have been a tester for a pre-release version of a website). The section titles in the contract do not limit the other terms of this contract.
Microsoft may assign this contract, in whole or part, at any time without notice to you. You may not assign this contract, or any part of it, to any other party. Any attempt to do so is void. You may not transfer to anyone else, either temporarily or permanently, any rights to use the website or any part of the website.
12. Force Majeure
Microsoft will not be liable for any loss or damage or be deemed to be in breach of this contract due to any event or circumstance beyond its reasonable control, including, war, invasion, electrical shortages, terrorist attacks, earthquakes or acts of God.
All contents of the website are Copyright © 2010 Microsoft Corporation and/or its suppliers, One Microsoft Way, Redmond, Washington 98052-6399 U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Please respect the rights of artists and creators. Content such as music, photos and video may be protected by copyright. People appearing in content may have a right to control use of their image. You may not share other people’s content unless you own the rights, have permission from the owner, or such sharing is otherwise legal.
Microsoft is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation. Trademark information is available at http://www.microsoft.com/about/legal/intellectualproperty/trademarks/default.mspx. Any rights not expressly granted are reserved.
Notices and Procedures for Making Claims of Copyright Infringement
Under Title 17, United States Code, Section 512 (c ) (2), notifications of claimed copyright infringement should be sent to our Designated Agent. All inquiries not relevant to the following procedure will not receive a response. See Notice and Procedure for Making Claims of Copyright Infringement. See Notice and Procedure for Making Claims of Copyright Infringement at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyrtInfrg.htm
Customer support is not offered for the website, unless provided otherwise in this contract or the materials we publish in connection with a particular website specify that it includes customer support.