Installing WikiBhasha beta as a Bookmarklet
You can install WikiBhasha beta as a bookmarklet in your browser by following the instructions below:
In Internet Explorer
Make sure the Favorites Bar is visible in Internet Explorer. If it is not visible, on the View menu, point to Toolbars and then click Favorites Bar.
- Right-click WikiBhasha beta link and click Add to Favorites.
- On the Add to Favorites window, in the Create in list, select Favorites Bar.
- Click Add. The Internet Explorer Favorites Bar now has a new WikiBhasha beta bookmarklet.
Make sure the Bookmarks Toolbar is visible in Firefox. If it is not visible, on the View menu, point to Toolbars and then click Bookmarks Toolbar. You can create the WikiBhasha beta bookmarklet in two different ways: By dragging to the toolbar, or creating manually
- Drag the WikiBhasha beta link to the firefox bookmarklet toolbar.
- Create Bookmark Manually:
- Right-click on WikiBhasha beta link and click Bookmark This Link.
- On the New Bookmark window, in the Folder list, select Bookmarks Toolbar.
- Click Save. The Firefox Bookmarks toolbar now has a new WikiBhasha beta bookmark.
Eitherway, you should see the bookmarklet created in the toolbar as it appears below:
Installing WikiBhasha beta as a Wikipedia Gadget
WikiBhasha beta is available as a user script if you already have Wikipedia login credentials. However, note that you need to install the user-gadget in each of the language Wikipedia’s that you may be interested in.
- Log in to Wikipedia. (You need to create an account on Wikipedia if you do not already have one.)
- In every language Wikipedia that you are interested in:
- Visit my preferences, and click on the Appearance tab.
- Edit your default skin file (such as, “Monobook.js” or “Vector.js” file) to add the following:
- Please save your changes and reload your page to see the script added to your profile. You should see WikiBhasha in the left side as a menu item, and on Edit page as a button (as below):
Installing WikiBhasha beta as a Greasemonkey Script (in Firefox Browsers)
WikiBhasha beta is available as a Greasemonkey script for Firefox browser, and may be installed as follows:
- Left clicking on 'WikiBhasha.user.js' link.
- In the script installation panel that is popped up, click the INSTALL button.
- A message should appear saying that the script had been installed successfully.
- reload your page to see the script added to your profile. You should see WikiBhasha in the left side as a menu item, and on Edit page as a button (as below):